February 1, 2005

why must i blog?

after much harangue-ing from mei_nu (at livejournal.com), inconsistency in keeping in touch with friends overseas, and the ultimate failure of friendster as anything but novelty surfing, i have decided to BLOG! the medium seems ideal for burning off the little scraps of my creative energy that i have that don't generate anything else (for my exhaustion or laziness). plus--i hope--it's easy and available. much unlike my desk and worktable.

so i look forward to sharing some thoughts/art/culture/politics as i wind my way out of my third year in taipei and back to the US. and all that entails. i know you're all as scared (and hopeful) as i am.

about the title:
大紅豆 [this is in chinese--i'm not sure it will show up]
"bean" is a homonym for "struggle." later, i'll figure out how to upload mp3s and you'll get the soundtrack to this page.

much love
jcc

No comments: